Cyber attacks reap only negative results that weaken the monetary structure of a company and compromise the security of all users. Cybersecurity isn’t something to be taken lightly or left for later. Despite awareness, it’s saddening to see that even giants like Google, Facebook, and eBay fail to protect the privacy of their users from hackers. But since well funded, large companies can recover from such losses and recover the lost access quickly since they can afford the best cyberexperts whenever needed. But not all companies have the same amount of fortune. Which is why adopting strong cybersecurity practices to prevent a data security breach is much more advantageous.
How To Prevent Online Security Breaches?
Looking forward to adopting effective cybersecurity practices? Well, you’ve happened to found the right page. The guide below will take you through the best security practices to minimize the risk of hacking.
- Creating A Strong Password
It doesn’t matter if you’re using systems, devices, and software from the most expensive brands if you do not change the default password to something strong. What’s more interesting is, the software of all kinds from all brands is hackable. Thus, the first precaution against hackers is to create a unique backdoor password for all devices whilst remembering to give all devices a different password.
- Installing A Firewall And Antivirus Software
The more security layers you can use to guard the devices, the lesser is the risk of a security breach. Thus, use a firewall guard between the internet and your software. Following which, install antivirus software that can warn you against the following dangers.
- Email attachments that have viruses
- Devices that have viruses
- Websites that have malicious links
- Cleaning The Software Bugs
Bugs serve the function of a malware carrier that can puncture any software. So, keep removing them from the system, cloud, and software. The 4 easy ways to do so include the following.
- Installing software updates provided by the software manufacturers
- Not using a pirated software
- Using network testing services and software testing services
- Hiring ethical hackers
- Using Network Segmentation
Network segmentation can be done in the following easy steps.
- Divide the important sensitive information in different fragments
- Use different networks to preserve different parts of the divided information
- Make all the networks independent of each other by securing them with passwords of their own
- Protecting The Wifi
Wifi protection is important because if hacked, hackers can easily hijack all devices connected to the router instantly. The best ways to protect the wifi are given below.
- Create a long and unique wifi password
- Do not share the password anywhere outside of the company network
- Do not lend authentication access to anyone other than a few trusted cybersecurity team members