Teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic dental procedure which you can consider for improving the overall appearance of your teeth and smile. There are various teeth whitening products available in the market, but these products are not effective for a long period. If you want a long-term solution, teeth whitening treatments are the best option for you.
This article will provide an overview of teeth whitening and what are its benefits and risks. There are various cosmetic dentist in Fresno, CA, with whom you can consult and take advice about your treatment procedures. Fresnso is now developed with advanced technologies that dentists possess for the best treatment options.
What is the Teeth Whitening Procedure, and What are its Types?
Teeth whitening is a cosmetic treatment which ensures that there are whitening elements in the treatment to ensure complete white teeth for at least 2-3 years. There are two types of teeth whitening procedures, which include in-office whitening and at-home services. In-office whitening treatment is a process which is conducted at an office or clinic. On the other hand, the second treatment is done at home, where experts visit your home for the treatment.
In this treatment, professional whitening and bleaching agents such as hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide are used to whiten the teeth. When people use at-home services, toothpaste, whitening gels, whitening strips, and many more are used to whiten the teeth.
What are the Benefits of Teeth Whitening?
- Enhanced Aesthetics: The main benefit of teeth whitening is that it provides a more attractive smile. It will also boost your self-confidence and make you feel comfortable.
- Improved Self-Esteem: A whiter smile enhances your personality, and you can improve your self-confidence. There can be a positive impact of whiter teeth in various aspects of life in personal or professional interactions.
- Non-invasive: There is no surgical element in this teeth whitening procedure, and therefore, it is a non-invasive process. There is the use of anesthesia, which makes it a simple and painless process.
- Customization: The treatment will be customized to achieve the level of whiteness that you desire. You can also decide the shade of your teeth that best suits your preference.
- Quick Results: Teeth whitening provides quick results in comparison to other treatment procedures.
What are the Risks of Teeth Whitening Treatment?
- Gum Irritation: There can sometimes be gum irritation if your gums are sensitive to the treatment. There can be minor discomfort and inflammation, so it is better to consult a doctor before moving ahead with the treatment.
- Uneven Whitening: It is sometimes said that there is uneven whitening; not all teeth are whitened similarly.
- Tooth Sensitivity: It is one of the most common side effects of teeth whitening. However, it is temporary and not long-lasting.